~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Allergic...to doctors

Certain members of my family namely myself and my father, have long claimed to be allergic to doctors. In my case this stems from childhood sicknesses for which the doctor would prescribe me foul tasting medicines. Not only did these medicines taste disgusting but they smelt like something dead had been used in the formation of the viscous vile black liquid which I was forced to consume. But enough about my aversion to visiting doctors. 2 weeks ago I went home for my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary, on the bus trip there it was rather cold due to the bus driver probably having grown up in some obscure place in the artic circle, this resulting in me getting a chill which subsequently led to a cold. After a couple of days my cold seemed to be getting better apart from a dry hacking cough which just wouldn’t go away. This cough finally annoyed me enough to dare to venture to the doctor today, fearing what dreadful concocture they would force me to consume. I was also somewhat paranoid due to having had both tonsillitis and bronchitis last year, and feared that it might be a recurrence of one or worse still of both. However it turned out that my cold had aggravated my asthma leading to what the doctor grandly called post-viral asthma. So on top of using my regular inhaler I now have to use a preventative one too. So at least it explains why I have had trouble breathing for the past week and it’s not tonsillitis and I don't have to take any ghastly medicine, whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home