Drunkenness
Friday was an interesting day. Interesting for many varied reasons and not all of them good. I managed to get a fair amount of study done up until 4pm when I started playing dota. My friend Geoffy arrived at this point with his exchange partner Katya. After dumping their belongings in my room they then headed off into the city to buy food and alcohol. We started drinking at around 8.30pm and went through a couple of shots of Hungarian brandy and absinthe with beer in between to mask the taste of the absinthe. By 10pm we had run out of beer and decided that a shot sojourn to the city was required so that we could restock the bar. We wandered around for about half an hour trying to find a bottle shop that was actually open. Finally we found one and purchased more alcohol. Upon leaving the shop I decided that it was a fantastic idea to try and text message one of my friends. Unfortunately this resulted in me almost walking into a) walls b) lampposts or c) cars. Also it transpires that when I am in a drunken state I tend to be brutally honest and say exactly what I think or feel.
After sitting down at the tram stop I started to feel a little ill and proceeded to be sick. At least I wasnt sick on the tram. We reached home and I decided to visit some friends who were studying in the tute room. Geoff and Katya thought that I wasnt too drunk, considering I could still walk in a straight line, and though that I would be ok. I reached the tute room, sat down and proceeded to talk rubbish before deciding to go back to my room. I started to stand up, my head felt rather light and CRASH I landed on the floor. This managed to startle the occupants of the tute room. “Did she hit her head?” [jk] I secretly believe that they wished me to be dead [/jk]
At this point the floor was looking like a nice place to be considering every move I made was followed by a swimming sensation in my head. Added to this my stomach was trying to have a career change. It seemed determined to emulate a washing machine. I was violently ill several times before Aetherfox and Geoff managed to escort me to my room where I collapsed on my bed. Geoff and Katya continued to drink until 4am while I slept. Funnily enough when I got up this morning I had no hangover but my stomach was refusing to revert to its normal occupation until around lunchtime.
In conclusion Absinthe is evil.
After sitting down at the tram stop I started to feel a little ill and proceeded to be sick. At least I wasnt sick on the tram. We reached home and I decided to visit some friends who were studying in the tute room. Geoff and Katya thought that I wasnt too drunk, considering I could still walk in a straight line, and though that I would be ok. I reached the tute room, sat down and proceeded to talk rubbish before deciding to go back to my room. I started to stand up, my head felt rather light and CRASH I landed on the floor. This managed to startle the occupants of the tute room. “Did she hit her head?” [jk] I secretly believe that they wished me to be dead [/jk]
At this point the floor was looking like a nice place to be considering every move I made was followed by a swimming sensation in my head. Added to this my stomach was trying to have a career change. It seemed determined to emulate a washing machine. I was violently ill several times before Aetherfox and Geoff managed to escort me to my room where I collapsed on my bed. Geoff and Katya continued to drink until 4am while I slept. Funnily enough when I got up this morning I had no hangover but my stomach was refusing to revert to its normal occupation until around lunchtime.
In conclusion Absinthe is evil.

4 Comments:
At 10:02 pm, June 11, 2005,
Richard said…
Ah, absinthe, the drink that makes you want to kill yourself instantly. // Anything that tastes BETTER when mixed with beer deserves to be shot. // Bundy all the way!
At 10:09 pm, June 11, 2005,
Araluena said…
LOL!!!
I hear that your antics whilst drunk are rather amusing. When I come home we should all go out to The Vine. ^.^
At 10:25 pm, June 11, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Damn, Kubsey you stole my line.
Oh yeah, we should definitely go out to the Vine.
Geoffy is funny. I saw him the other day and I was like "Geoff! How's it going man! I haven't seen you in ages! How was Holland?"
And he was all like "Great man, great. How you been?"
And I'm like "Good, pretty good."
And he couldn't remember my name and I was like "Relax, dude. We've never met before." But he didn't believe me.
Wierd.
At 10:42 pm, June 11, 2005,
Araluena said…
That's rather amusing cos he told me that he saw you at the vine and he actually knew your name.
He has this habit of remembering peoples names after he meets them but not at the time he's talking to them.Weird.
Post a Comment
<< Home