Buried under piles of work.
Woke up early this morning and finishes backing up most of my files. I'd asked Aetherfox the night before if he could put some of my stuff on his computer since it didn't seem to like being burnt to dvd. He told me that if I left my computer that he would. Fortunately being the neurotically paranoid being that I am, I decided to make certain he had transferred them. Instead of waking him up, I decided that I would go back to sleep and get up again when he was awake. Hence most of today was spent sleeping. Lucky I did wait - as he'd forgotten. Of course I didn't find this out until the afternoon. By the time we had transferred the files it was time for class and too late to travel to the repair centre.
Class was fantastic. Very happy about that. The subject is all about the effect of disease on humankind. We watched a video Episode 5: King Death from the series "A History of Britain". Full of death, decay, treason and conspiracies. It detailed the consequences of the black death and how it changed the social order in Britain. Ironic that the black death mainly killed peasants at first (then later noblemen) but was a means for them to improve their lot. Since there was an increasing labour shortage, serfs could demand more money for their work, better conditions and lower rent. Serfs were no longer indentured to one lord. For the first time people did not feel duty-bound to remain on the lords farm, they shifted to where there was more money. It was a first in the history of Britain. A very interesting subject, which I could elaborate on for much longer, except I doubt that anyone shall listen. =P Have to start researching this in greater depth as my presentation is next week. The 1500 word essay is due the following week. I'm hoping and praying that the computer will be back in time to type it up.
*Grumble*
Left my lab reports til the last minute. Finally finished the last of them at 2am. Fortunately I had done drafts of most of the questions. It was just a matter of refining and writing up the final report. Not enough guidance on what is expected in this subject plus we haven't got our previous report back yet. Nothing to compare to therefore I could have done three reports incorrectly. Sodding demonstrators.
So right now I have to read the required reading for tomorrows tutorial. Meh. I guess if I kind of skim over it I should be ok. Besides, no one else in the class seems to bother preparing. Knowing my luck however, just to spite me, people will prepare this week.
And then I'm going to have to spend an hour on a tram to deliver my laptop so it can get fixed. Then an hour back again. Stupid computer. I'll show you, you're getting a lobotomy do you hear? Yes, that's right, your BRAIN is being removed (and hopefully replaced with a new one).
Got a letter from my grandparents today. Seems that they'll be in town on saturday provided all goes as planned. They're wanting to see what my new place is like, or rather my grandmother wants to see what it's like. My grandfather will just want to sleep. So he'll be left to sleep at my place while my Nana goes into the city to do her book research.
Urrghh. Anyway this may be the last post for a little while. Unless I manage to steal a computer. Aetherfox has kindly offered the loan of his computer, so I may be online a little bit, but mainly for research purposes.
Class was fantastic. Very happy about that. The subject is all about the effect of disease on humankind. We watched a video Episode 5: King Death from the series "A History of Britain". Full of death, decay, treason and conspiracies. It detailed the consequences of the black death and how it changed the social order in Britain. Ironic that the black death mainly killed peasants at first (then later noblemen) but was a means for them to improve their lot. Since there was an increasing labour shortage, serfs could demand more money for their work, better conditions and lower rent. Serfs were no longer indentured to one lord. For the first time people did not feel duty-bound to remain on the lords farm, they shifted to where there was more money. It was a first in the history of Britain. A very interesting subject, which I could elaborate on for much longer, except I doubt that anyone shall listen. =P Have to start researching this in greater depth as my presentation is next week. The 1500 word essay is due the following week. I'm hoping and praying that the computer will be back in time to type it up.
*Grumble*
Left my lab reports til the last minute. Finally finished the last of them at 2am. Fortunately I had done drafts of most of the questions. It was just a matter of refining and writing up the final report. Not enough guidance on what is expected in this subject plus we haven't got our previous report back yet. Nothing to compare to therefore I could have done three reports incorrectly. Sodding demonstrators.
So right now I have to read the required reading for tomorrows tutorial. Meh. I guess if I kind of skim over it I should be ok. Besides, no one else in the class seems to bother preparing. Knowing my luck however, just to spite me, people will prepare this week.
And then I'm going to have to spend an hour on a tram to deliver my laptop so it can get fixed. Then an hour back again. Stupid computer. I'll show you, you're getting a lobotomy do you hear? Yes, that's right, your BRAIN is being removed (and hopefully replaced with a new one).
Got a letter from my grandparents today. Seems that they'll be in town on saturday provided all goes as planned. They're wanting to see what my new place is like, or rather my grandmother wants to see what it's like. My grandfather will just want to sleep. So he'll be left to sleep at my place while my Nana goes into the city to do her book research.
Urrghh. Anyway this may be the last post for a little while. Unless I manage to steal a computer. Aetherfox has kindly offered the loan of his computer, so I may be online a little bit, but mainly for research purposes.

4 Comments:
At 11:29 am, August 24, 2005,
Richard said…
Research. Suuure! ^_^
At 1:34 pm, August 31, 2005,
Araluena said…
Hey!
I've been doing more work than YOU have.
How many overdue assignments have you got this semester?
At 9:54 pm, August 31, 2005,
Richard said…
None, yet...
At 10:24 am, September 05, 2005,
Araluena said…
Ahhh. Well your doing better than the Saxman then.
Post a Comment
<< Home