Long day
Had trouble getting to sleep on Friday night. Was slightly upset after my parents rang but it was more than that. I have had this niggling feeling that something is not quite...right. That something in my life is out of kilter. I can't place it. Perhaps it is somehow connected to my nightmares.
Saturday was the a long but enjoyable day. We went to Yum Cha with maybe 40 people, most of whom I knew. The food was a welcome change from my current fare of instant food/leftovers. The company was pleasant and I felt more relaxed than I have in days.
Afterwards we headed back to college for Titania's birthday cake. Layangabi and I followed our usual routine of crazy talk before swinging one another around in circles. People then headed of in many varied directions intent on doing homework. A small group of us then proceeded to Titania and Hingon's apartment for cake. Mmmmm chocalately goodness. After being bribed with cake with watched a bollywood movie (I forget the name), never having watched one it was interesting to see different filming techniques used (some rather overused and fake).
Headed home to grab some dinner and shower then met up with college people. We headed to a bar which was supposed to have a live band. Instead we were greeted with electronica/techno music. By 11pm when the band had done a sound check and then disappeared for over half an hour we decided that it was enough.
Our consolation prize for having no band was a trip to the supermarket for icecream. Next stop was back to college. Ding and I detoured by Xany's floor party then headed to Titania's place for chatting and drinks. Xany arrived not long aferwards, then we started to harass Ding, which unfortunately ended with me being backhanded across the lip. More scotch soon soothed the pain of a puffy lip, downside being that I became somewhat louder and more brash (Yes, it is possible for me to be louder than I already am). Much talking ensued then we turned on Rage and watched bad music videos until everyone started to fall asleep. Once everyone had left I curled up on the couch and attempted to sleep. However little thoughts were racing through my brain like it was Grand Prix so sleep did not eventuate for some time. After about three hours sleep I awoke with a very painful cramp in my leg (note: sleeping on couches is not recommended), realising that public transport would be available now, I headed for home.
Saturday was the a long but enjoyable day. We went to Yum Cha with maybe 40 people, most of whom I knew. The food was a welcome change from my current fare of instant food/leftovers. The company was pleasant and I felt more relaxed than I have in days.
Afterwards we headed back to college for Titania's birthday cake. Layangabi and I followed our usual routine of crazy talk before swinging one another around in circles. People then headed of in many varied directions intent on doing homework. A small group of us then proceeded to Titania and Hingon's apartment for cake. Mmmmm chocalately goodness. After being bribed with cake with watched a bollywood movie (I forget the name), never having watched one it was interesting to see different filming techniques used (some rather overused and fake).
Headed home to grab some dinner and shower then met up with college people. We headed to a bar which was supposed to have a live band. Instead we were greeted with electronica/techno music. By 11pm when the band had done a sound check and then disappeared for over half an hour we decided that it was enough.
Our consolation prize for having no band was a trip to the supermarket for icecream. Next stop was back to college. Ding and I detoured by Xany's floor party then headed to Titania's place for chatting and drinks. Xany arrived not long aferwards, then we started to harass Ding, which unfortunately ended with me being backhanded across the lip. More scotch soon soothed the pain of a puffy lip, downside being that I became somewhat louder and more brash (Yes, it is possible for me to be louder than I already am). Much talking ensued then we turned on Rage and watched bad music videos until everyone started to fall asleep. Once everyone had left I curled up on the couch and attempted to sleep. However little thoughts were racing through my brain like it was Grand Prix so sleep did not eventuate for some time. After about three hours sleep I awoke with a very painful cramp in my leg (note: sleeping on couches is not recommended), realising that public transport would be available now, I headed for home.

2 Comments:
At 4:01 am, September 02, 2005,
aetherfox said…
welcome change? hmph. at least yannie appreciates my (not so often) cooking attempts =p
At 1:21 pm, September 02, 2005,
Araluena said…
I was living on instant food that week. Didn't seem much point in eating/cooking when both yourself and Yannie were out. Remember your parents were here =P
There was no reflection made on your cooking attempts. I think most people would agree that Yum Cha is a welcome change from instant noodles.
Post a Comment
<< Home