mmm lego cookies
So I passed all my exams. Hurrah. *does a little jig*
Once exams were finished Xeb and I had lunch at Shark Fin. Yum Cha is awesome especially when you've been living on the same food for days on end. Then had dinner with Ash, Spellkeeper, pn, vesper, xany, loner, xeb and mike. Following day started packing, then caught the train to Xeb's. Had dinner with his parents at a Japanese restaurant. Wonderful meal but slightly disconcerting when the chef tells you that you have to catch a bowl filled with rice, from about 2 metres away. And to make it a bit more difficult he placed a WHOLE RAW EGG in the centre of the bowl. Fortunately I managed to catch it otherwise I would have been covered in egg. Icky.
Spent Friday packing then went to a housewarming that night. Xeb drove me home on Saturday and met my parents. Relaxed at home for a couple of days before heading back to melbourne and on to Buchan for my fieldtrip.
Left Melbourne at 9.30am Friday and didn't arrive at Buchan until 4pm. The department had hired 3 minibuses plus the departmental vehicle for all the luggage. Such a long journey especially when accompanied by hip-hop and rap music. Forgot to take my own music. Stupid me.
We had one introductory day and then we were let loose in the field to map the limestone formations. Several exhausting days later... and we had mapped 15 square kilometres of very steep terrain. On our final day of mapping we finished early and walked about 8 kilometres towards Buchan township before we got picked up by one of the demonstrators. Evveryone converged on the pub before we piled into the minivans to head over to the Buchan reserve to look at the famous caves.
The next day we packed up and headed back to melbourne by which time I had recovered enough to visit Mike's new place. The following day I got the train home so as to attend my own Birthday.
Birthday was good. It's been years since I've actually organised a gathering, the last one was probably the xmas party at my place... soooo long ago. Several people from out of town attended which was great cos I've known them my entire life. Was absolutely spoilt rotten, was rather embarrasing actually. So many pretty things.
Basically just chilled for a couple of days, shopped, stayed with grandparents, read and watched tv.Attended koosies birthday at a local restaurant where I happened to know the chef. We'd been in classes together in year 11 and 12. Funnily enough I'd received a message from him whilst in melbourne asking for my postal address, so after dinner I asked him what was up and he told me he's getting married next month!
Once exams were finished Xeb and I had lunch at Shark Fin. Yum Cha is awesome especially when you've been living on the same food for days on end. Then had dinner with Ash, Spellkeeper, pn, vesper, xany, loner, xeb and mike. Following day started packing, then caught the train to Xeb's. Had dinner with his parents at a Japanese restaurant. Wonderful meal but slightly disconcerting when the chef tells you that you have to catch a bowl filled with rice, from about 2 metres away. And to make it a bit more difficult he placed a WHOLE RAW EGG in the centre of the bowl. Fortunately I managed to catch it otherwise I would have been covered in egg. Icky.
Spent Friday packing then went to a housewarming that night. Xeb drove me home on Saturday and met my parents. Relaxed at home for a couple of days before heading back to melbourne and on to Buchan for my fieldtrip.
Left Melbourne at 9.30am Friday and didn't arrive at Buchan until 4pm. The department had hired 3 minibuses plus the departmental vehicle for all the luggage. Such a long journey especially when accompanied by hip-hop and rap music. Forgot to take my own music. Stupid me.
We had one introductory day and then we were let loose in the field to map the limestone formations. Several exhausting days later... and we had mapped 15 square kilometres of very steep terrain. On our final day of mapping we finished early and walked about 8 kilometres towards Buchan township before we got picked up by one of the demonstrators. Evveryone converged on the pub before we piled into the minivans to head over to the Buchan reserve to look at the famous caves.
The next day we packed up and headed back to melbourne by which time I had recovered enough to visit Mike's new place. The following day I got the train home so as to attend my own Birthday.
Birthday was good. It's been years since I've actually organised a gathering, the last one was probably the xmas party at my place... soooo long ago. Several people from out of town attended which was great cos I've known them my entire life. Was absolutely spoilt rotten, was rather embarrasing actually. So many pretty things.
Basically just chilled for a couple of days, shopped, stayed with grandparents, read and watched tv.Attended koosies birthday at a local restaurant where I happened to know the chef. We'd been in classes together in year 11 and 12. Funnily enough I'd received a message from him whilst in melbourne asking for my postal address, so after dinner I asked him what was up and he told me he's getting married next month!

3 Comments:
At 9:39 pm, August 19, 2006,
The Saxman said…
Woah! Spammers are bypassing word verification! I shall report back to ASIO. [cough] did I say that?
Hmm, $900 would be good.
At 7:50 pm, August 22, 2006,
Araluena said…
Uhhh they spammed me before the word verification was turned on.
At 11:13 pm, August 22, 2006,
The Saxman said…
oh
Post a Comment
<< Home