~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ever get those days where you just don’t want to get out of bed?

Well I did and I carried it out. Fortunately I don’t have class on Thursdays. I went to bed at 5am and didn’t get up until 5pm. I was sort of awake in the last couple of hours but just felt like crap, so decided it was far better to stay in bed than face the world in such a bad mood. It wasn’t even a proper bad mood. More a “Life sucks. I don’t want to face things, so I’ll go back to sleep” mood. Meh!

I felt a little bit better after watching the acts for Café. They were quite good apart from the occasional swishing of letters falling off the backdrop, closely followed by laughter from the audience.

Obviously since the theme is musicals or more accurately “Let the show begin” the acts are all musical based. There’s a “Fame/Grease” song complete with car, leather jackets and 50’s skirts. An interpretive dance with accompanying singer for “Memory” from Cats. Instrumental piece "I got Rhythm/Stormy Weather”. “Cell block tango” from Chicago with each person’s story acted out through dance like in the musical. A group of Japanese exchange students are doing a Japanese Doll Dance which is quite spectacular. A rendition of “The Habanera” from Carmen, in which Carmen tells the men of Seville that love obeys no known laws. It is an exceptionally difficult piece to perform but when it is done correctly it is perfection itself. On this occasion it sounded awesome.This was followed by the choir singing “Seasons of Love” from Rent. And to finish it all off “So Long, Farewell” from The Sound of Music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home