~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Update

Had my presentation today. Went better than I had expected. With five of us presenting this week it turned into more of a class discussion. Much debate abounded and it brought up some interesting points to follow up in my essay.

*bashes head against keyboard*

Terribly frustrated at not having computer or internet. Having to write down all my thoughts in a notebook. Blogging is my way of clearing out all the rubbish that I tend to accumulate in my brain. This week I have felt like I am going to explode. I need to have a decent rant on blog or msn. I've snapped at people a fair bit, including vesper who queried where I was going one night. Still he deserves it. However revenge can wait until I plan something suitably horrible.

Ugggh. My back is sore. I think it's a combination of being carried down stairs and bumping against stairs/floor, and riding in a shopping trolley. I have marks and bruises across my entire back. I feel like I've been attacked by the mafia. *sigh*

In other news, my ears feel like they have been filled with cotton wool and my brains replaced with unidentified fluid. I think I'm getting a cold.

I don't particularly feel like eating anything today. Shall have to force myself to. Maybe have a nap and start packing for weekend. Should start to draft essay too.

*shiver* Airconditioning in computer lab is too strong.

Hmm I'm rambling now. Time to leave.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:53 pm, August 31, 2005, Blogger Mansour said…

    hey, sometimes I love writing in my journal by hand. It gives me more freedom, and I can scribble and doodle along the way. When I am typing, I find myself deleting, backspacing, which interrupt my thought....its nice to be able to write by hand...

    Mansur

     
  • At 8:39 am, September 01, 2005, Blogger Xany said…

    they're called withdrawal symptoms. :P

    You might have gotten what's been going around ... it's like a wave of people coming down with colds. *sneezes*

     
  • At 3:20 pm, September 01, 2005, Blogger Araluena said…

    Mansur: Yes, I've found that I'm writing more often and with greater honesty than when I'm typing. I might continue it even when I get my computer back. Gives me a bit of an insight into how much I censor what I say too.

    My main annoyance at not having my computer is that I can't communicate with friends who are spread out all over the world. Some friends are going through a pretty tough time, I really need to speak to them and can't.

    Thanks for dropping by too. ^-^ Looking forward to reading your blog when I am once again connected to the world. Good luck with the fasting too.

    Xany: Vesper mentioned that you were ill too. Get better soon. I'm feeling much better now. I caught up on a lot of missed sleep and it seems to have reduced the severity of my cold.

     
  • At 5:58 pm, September 01, 2005, Blogger loner1200 said…

    typing with honestly isn't quite a problem. the problem is knowing that what you type is going to be posted.

    Whoops. sorry about the aching back. 10 to 1 it's mostly my fault...

     
  • At 1:39 pm, September 02, 2005, Blogger Araluena said…

    *Sigh* True.

    So much of what I think and feel remains unsaid.

    It's not so much that it's shocking but rather that my paranoia and natural secretiveness prevent me from revealing too much of myself. Hence why I generally prefer to talk about weird and random stuff.

     
  • At 4:26 pm, September 02, 2005, Blogger Xany said…

    yeah, I just had lots of sleep (and then stayed up until 3am a couple of days after at games night ...) and now I feel fine.

    And that is why I like LJ. If I write an overly personal entry and decide I don't want anyone else to read it - or don't want anyone other than a few people to read it - I can just friends-lock it. It works out perfectly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home