~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Swot Vac has started

And everyone is entering the panic stage of studying, wondering where the semester has gone, frantically trying to remember details from lectures. For some reason I am waaaaay too relaxed. This is highly unusual. I should be stressing and instead I am calmly going through lecture notes, reading my textbooks and downloading practice exams. I guess it will sink in soon.

The weather has finally got warmer. Only hit 31°C today so it was a nice spring day. *basks in sunlight*

Only downside of it is that my room faces east and has no verandah. Stupid. You need verandahs in Australia or otherwise you roast. Which is my current situation. I may have to buy a fan.

I went to the Cup Day Parade yesterday. Fairly interesting, heaps of people there and some of the horses got quite spooked. I think it was the bands that did it. Photos are below.





Race day was today and in an extraordinary turn of events Makybe Diva managed to win a third consecutive cup. Which earns her a place in the history books for being the first horse to win three Melbourne Cups. There was of course the inevitable comparisions to Phar Lap. But I think he was extraordinary not just for winning so many races, but rather for the physicalities which enabled him to win.

Anyway not much to blog about at the moment. Need to study. Will update if anything exciting happens.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:05 pm, November 08, 2005, Blogger Araluena said…

    But the blinds on my windows are black. They absorb heat during the day. And I already open the windows at night, otherwise I'd feel like I was living in an oven.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home