Defined by music
For a person who has no ear for music and fails miserably to carry a tune it seems odd to find that my life is defined by music. By that I mean that throughout various stages of my life certain songs have appeared to influence and reflect my life. They all have meanings behind why they are important to me, some obvious and others not. The last couple of years has been an interesting mix.
In 1999 was Freak on a leash by Korn, , 2000 was Teenager of the Year - Lotel and HMS Pinafore OST, Fall Down - Jebadiah 2001, Amazing by Alex Lloyd evokes 2002, a year of many songs was 2003 but I guess Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana is a standout, what else could 2004 be but Hey Ya - Outkast, Ship Song - Nick Cave defined 2005.
So far I have no inkling as to what this years definitive song shall be. It wont neccassarily be a new song it could be an old song discovered anew. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the year brings.
In 1999 was Freak on a leash by Korn, , 2000 was Teenager of the Year - Lotel and HMS Pinafore OST, Fall Down - Jebadiah 2001, Amazing by Alex Lloyd evokes 2002, a year of many songs was 2003 but I guess Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana is a standout, what else could 2004 be but Hey Ya - Outkast, Ship Song - Nick Cave defined 2005.
So far I have no inkling as to what this years definitive song shall be. It wont neccassarily be a new song it could be an old song discovered anew. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the year brings.

1 Comments:
At 1:03 am, March 27, 2006,
The Saxman said…
That's cool!
Post a Comment
<< Home