~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easter

Been a busy week.
Fieldtrip on sunday was pretty ordinary. Not as exciting as our previous ones. Still I managed to get some decent samples which should be useful in revision for the prac exam. Had a very very random conversation with our lecturer who also happens to be head of department. You know how sometimes with conversations you start of with a fairly ordinary topic and then it just progresses through to bizarre things, well it was one of those. Monash did his usual trick of trying to kill people with rocks. Umm not much else happened.

Three reports were due on monday. Finished all of them by lunchtime, had about half my class in the library drawing cross-sections and plotting data. The poor Ph.D and Hons. students looked a bit frazzled by the time we left, considering the library normally has a maximum of three people in it. Heh managed to convince Monash and the botanist to have a duel. It was quite amusing to see them racing around the library. Lab in the afternoon was horrendous. It shouldn't have been too bad except for when it came time to run comparisons of our samples against the standards, it all went pear shaped. Somehow we couldn't get our sample to match ANY of the standards provided. Anyway we spend about an hour doing the damn ir comparisons, realising that we had been through all the standards complained to our demonstrator. Somehow either we'd mixed up one of the standards or it had been incorrectly labelled in the first place. Personally I think it was labelled incorrectly due to the ir graph not matching any of the standards provided. Gah was soooo annoyed. Went and watched a movie then headed home. By the time I got home I had a massive migraine and felt like crap. Visited notamitchell and got an awesome head massage. =) Felt much better after that. Basically just bummed around and watched tv. So good to be able to relax.

Tuesday was good. Our lecturer was rather bemused by the eraser-pen-paper war that we had in our lecture. I believe that she muttered something about "and to think that you will be fully qualified in a couple of years" *shakes head*.

It was also a day of random dressing. Reactions ranged from "cool boots" and "awesome" to people cracking up laughing. *points at loner 1200* Just you wait. I have eyeliner and I'm not afraid to use it. Mwahaha. Some of the freshers walked past me, said "GOTH!" and continued walking. Bizarre. Dressing up is fun. Always makes me feel happy. I don't care what other people think, sometimes it's amusing to see reactions to stereotypes. It's nice to be able to morph between different clothing styles. I especially love 20's and 30's clothing. ( To be honest I love beautiful dresses of any era). Although I must admit that goth clothing is awesome even if as Ash said I don't have the right hair colour.

Wednesday was fairly ordinary. Had dinner with aetherfox and spellkeeper. Today was spent finishing up my "take-home test" and attending lectures. Started packing and cleaning up room. I'm hoping to get the 9.30 train home tomorrow but all the trams are running to sunday timetable tomorrow since it's a public holiday for Good Friday. Shall have to get up early.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 am, May 08, 2006, Blogger Snipergirl said…

    Goth is more about the clothing than the hair or skin colour I reckon.

    If you're into 20s/30s and goth, then Pet Redhead will love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home