~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Holidays or so we are told.

Well holidays are over. Not that it felt much like holidays anyway. Upon returning home I was told that my grandfather had cancer. The exact same cancer that had killed my other grandfather. So this was a less than pleasant way to start the holidays. Everything was basically downhill from thereon in. I failed 2 subjects and got the results on my birthday. I was completely bored at home anhd couldnt contact anyone either.

I stayed with my grandparents for a week during which time my grandfather was in hospital for an ultrasound to find out how they can treat the cancer. Unfortunately he got an infection while in hospital but didn't realise until he was home.. This presented quite a problem since my grandmother isn't physically strong, doesn't drive and lives 45 minutes from town. My uncle normally helps out when my grandparents are ill or on vacation except he himself was on vacation. It was fortunate that I was staying with them to help out around the farm, feeding animals and to drive my grandparents into their doctor's appointment.

Anyways that's all I'm going to write for the moment. Still settling back in and organising my room.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home