3 hours sleep + fantastic tutorial = weirdly awake
Ahh I had the best tutorial today. We were discussing the consequences of Old world diseases on the New world. Spoke about how people can lose all sense of identity which is best described by Durkheim's Anomie. Strangely this then led into talks about the disaster in New Orleans and the inherent racism in America. My tutor said that african americans suffer from anomie and used the example of the breakdown of society in New Orleans . I think I may have further provoked this discussion by mentioning the comments made by Kanye West. Also see here. The discussion then led on to racism in Australia. Overall a very interesting an thought-provoking class.
*dances a happy dance*
Finished my essay. On time.
*pats self on back*
Mmmm sorry if I frightened anyone with my last post. Too much stuff going on in my head at the moment.
*dances a happy dance*
Finished my essay. On time.
*pats self on back*
Mmmm sorry if I frightened anyone with my last post. Too much stuff going on in my head at the moment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home