~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Would you gamble everthing?

I've been listening to Ben Lee's song "Gamble everything for Love" and was thinking of how many people would have the courage to tell the one that they love what they feel. How many would risk everything for that? How will the other person react, are they going to reject you, be frightened or just laugh. How many can have that courage.

If it be a friend will that friendship be able to continue, or is it irretrievable? I almost let an important friendship slip away from me because I couldn't handle how the other person felt. I regret how I acted and sought to repair the friendship. It's not the same as it once was. It never will be again. People and times change.

I know this though: you had more courage than I shall ever have. You were ready to chase your dreams. I'm just letting mine slip further away...


Love me with an open heart tell me anything
We can find a place to start to gamble everything
We can set this thing apart, cos we’re gonna, gonna
Gamble everything for love


Ben Lee- Gamble Everything for Love

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 pm, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm too far away, but any of araluena's friends in Melb, please give her a big hug.

     
  • At 11:11 pm, September 06, 2005, Blogger Snipergirl said…

    Hey araluena, I was going to give you a ring. I'm really sorry to hear that things in that regard are going badly. Give me a ring sometime and we'll work something out, k? Want to come around for dinner sometime? My treat.

     
  • At 1:34 pm, September 07, 2005, Blogger Araluena said…

    Actually I'm having difficulty in recalling the last time someone hugged me. I guess I'm just not very huggable.

    Mmmm dinner sounds good. I'll be over tonight then.
    ^_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home