~The quixotic notions of a rambling insomniac~

(¯`·._.·[Don't you think it's time • Time for moving on • Time for growing strong • Time to leave the past behind ]·._.·´¯)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Break time

Wah! Cool lecturer has finished his part of teaching our course. It's been very interesting because he presents it in a manner that is conducive to remembering. Hell, I been talking to people all week and I unwittingly put stuff from his lectures into conversation. However all is not lost. My all-time favourite professor will be taking our lecturers after the mid-sem break. W00T! More incentive to go to class. Now if only could get someone with half a brain for my other lecture....

Heh least I know I'm not the only one who leaves writing lab reports to the last minute. Walk into study area in my department at lunchtime and see Xeb, a friend from my lab. He asks me what's up and I'm like "Umm I have to start that lab report that's due in a couple of hours." Xeb "Hey cool, I'm starting mine too." Then we have a massive bitch session about how our lecturer totally sucks. As in I should play tapes of this guy to send me to sleep at night. He apparently managed to make our lecture about about tropical cyclones boring. I mean how does one do that? Heh anyway we finished our lab reports and headed to our afternoon lab which was rather boring. Finished fairly quickly and then I headed off to the anime club's screening of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

It was only released a couple of days ago in Japan and this is an unofficial subtitled version but it was a reasonable translation. I could pick up a couple of places where things didn't sound quite right but I'm certain all those die-hard FF fans can pick up more. =P Anyway had some awesome fight scenes and graphics were, wow, nice. *sigh* Nice way to finish up a stressful day at uni.

After dinner I headed up to college to met people for bellmeister's waffle outing. Random craziness ensued. Balloons were involved. Camera was confiscated. Ipod nano was oohhh over. Uhhh gelati was gooooood. There's this new gleati shop which a couple of us tried out. At our usual one they have different prices depending on whether you get it in a cone or container. At this new place they charge the same for both. And when you look at the difference in the amount you can get, cones definately rule. First time I've actually been able to finish that much gelati.

Headed back to college then decided to crash Evelyn's room and watch Dune. See Tendafoot, I've finally gotten around to watching it. Interesting but I think it would make more sense if I read the books.

[tangent]
Anyone who knows me would realise that I absolutely hate going clothes shopping. Put me in an electrical or computer store and I'll be happy. Take me near a car yard or bookshop and you'll have to drag me away. However clothes is an entirely different thing. So this next part has nothing to do with shopping
[/tangent]

Umm ok, yes, there was a point to this.... ahhh.... yes that's it. Cool costumes. I really liked some of the outfits that were shown in Dune. Shiny, sparkly but with classic lines. Whoever designed the princess Irulan's headgear had fun with some very weird and unconventional designs. The designer of her robes however knew how to make them elegant, graceful and simplistic yet retaining an element of beauty through the use of intricasic embroidery. I want Irulan's clothes, even if they are dresses, because they look so nice.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home